About Me

My photo
Hello Everyone, My name is Pauline White and I am currently completing the Bachelor of Learning Management through Central Queensland University, Noosa Campus. Managing E-Learning is a course conducted within the program as it explores the technological competencies required within a 21st century connected society. Throughout this blog, I will expand and enhance my existing repertoire of technological competencies as I will analyse a variety of elearning tools and methodologies. This reflection and analysis will highlight the cultural and critical dimensions of technological literacies required in our ever changing teaching context. Blogging is a totally new experience for me and I am excited to begin this discovery journey with you.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Using Vodcast In The Classroom

Hi all,

Vodcasts like podcasts help support the learning journey for our students. You-tube is one of the most popular sites used for video sharing. I know that I already use You-tube on a regular basis for the classroom context and acknowledge the impact it has on my students. Although, like all novelty tools I believe that an overuse of You-tube can reduce its impact and effect. I also believe that videos selected must have a specific purpose such as engagement, motivation, educational or provide students with a connection to the real world context. Ultimately as learner managers we must think critically when selecting a video for the classroom context to ensure it is beneficial and worthwhile.

I have embedded an Earth Hour video as an example. I would use this video in my year six class to engage the students into the global warming unit. I believe the personal connections to the Sydney event, real-life news clips and visual images presented in this video will engage the learners and help them acknowledge that they also play a role in global warming.
I honestly love using You-tube and believe there is a video available for every key learning area.

Let me know how you feel about You-tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment