About Me

My photo
Hello Everyone, My name is Pauline White and I am currently completing the Bachelor of Learning Management through Central Queensland University, Noosa Campus. Managing E-Learning is a course conducted within the program as it explores the technological competencies required within a 21st century connected society. Throughout this blog, I will expand and enhance my existing repertoire of technological competencies as I will analyse a variety of elearning tools and methodologies. This reflection and analysis will highlight the cultural and critical dimensions of technological literacies required in our ever changing teaching context. Blogging is a totally new experience for me and I am excited to begin this discovery journey with you.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Cyber Safety

Hi All,

Throughout my discovery of these technological tools I have recognized the fun and exciting activities that can be enjoyed by our students. The World Wide Web and digital communication tools offer a plethora of opportunities but as a future learning manager the risk of cyber bullying and inappropriate exposure has always be a concerning factor for me. I conducted a Google search on the risks of cyber activity and came across a cyber safety website designed by the Australian Government. This site can be accessed here and is a very useful resource to help develop awareness and effective strategies to promote cyber safety. The site looks at issues of cyber bullying, unwanted contact, inappropriate content, legalities and netiquette. I personally believe by educating our students about these important issues we are equipping with the necessary skills to use this modern technology in an appropriate, safe and ethical manner. These skills will help our student be successful users as they will know how to respond to the unexpected incidents and situations that can occur online.

Knowing that there are helpful sites and strategies available to promote cyber safety reassures my concern about dangers of the World Wide Web. I endeavour not only to provide students with opportunities to use online tools but will explicit develop their knowledge and coping strategies to ensure their cyber safety. Let me know how you feel about cyber safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment