About Me

My photo
Hello Everyone, My name is Pauline White and I am currently completing the Bachelor of Learning Management through Central Queensland University, Noosa Campus. Managing E-Learning is a course conducted within the program as it explores the technological competencies required within a 21st century connected society. Throughout this blog, I will expand and enhance my existing repertoire of technological competencies as I will analyse a variety of elearning tools and methodologies. This reflection and analysis will highlight the cultural and critical dimensions of technological literacies required in our ever changing teaching context. Blogging is a totally new experience for me and I am excited to begin this discovery journey with you.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Web logging- Discovering More Potential

Hi Everyone,

I know I have already commented about blogs as a tool in the classroom. However as I get more familiar with this tool, I am discovering more benefits of its use. I have now realized that blogging is not just about journal entries and it can really encourage students to learn together and help one another out. Therefore this tool caters for different ability levels as it gives struggling students the opportunity to ask for help and encourages peer tutoring. For instance, one of our peers Anna was having difficulty with converting documents to picture files and in an attempt to help I offered her my strategy. This discussion can be viewed here. Let me know if you agree with this great benefit of web-logging.
Cheers Pauline

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pauline,
    I have found that blogging is an excellent tool to use in the classroom because of the many applications that it can have. Not only can it be used to allow student collaboration, it can also help those students who are hesitant in class to pose questions in an environment that they feel safe in. Along with this, students can keep a journal of their learning and use blogging as a reflection tool to document their processes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jasmine,

    I love the idea of using a blog as a reflective journal. This would just take diary writing to a whole new level for students.

    Cheers Pauline White

    ReplyDelete